Happy Wednesday everyone! Anyone need a pick-me-up to get you through the rest of the week? I do, so I think today calls for something sweet, easy and delicious. Of course, it will include chocolate because chocolate makes everything better.
There’s nothing fancy here – just a basic chunk of happiness in the form of a chocolate chip cookie. Recipe follows below.
Enjoy! Until next time . . . just love, Collette
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional – I usually prefer pecans but walnuts are good, too)
- 1 package semisweet chocolate chips (12 ounces)
Preheat oven to 375. Mix sugars, butter, vanilla and egg in a large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in nuts and chips.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8-10 minutes or until light brown. Cool slightly and remove from cookie sheet.