Sunday Fun Day!
Today I thought I’d share one of my favorite quick and light recipes that just happens to contain one of my favorite ingredients – avocado. Healthy, versatile and good for you. I use sliced avocado in my wraps daily that I bring to work for lunch. And please, don’t get me started on guacamole!
The salad itself consists of three ingredients: shrimp, avocado and red onion. Add the delicious and simple dressing I include below and you’ve got a tasty and healthful salad.
Light doesn’t have to mean bland. I promise you’ll love this one. Give it a try.
Enjoy! Until next time . . . just love, Collette
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined (I saute mine in a pan with a little extra virgin olive oil and Tony Chachere’s seasoning. Boiled or steamed shrimp can be used, if you prefer.)
- 1 avocado, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Tony Chachere’s seasoning or salt and pepper to taste
- Once you’ve cooked the shrimp, toss with the avocado and red onion in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing then add to the shrimp mixture. Toss together and enjoy!